Halloween is a fantastic time to visit the Smoky Mountains and Pigeon Forge. Amidst the beautiful changing colors of the leaves, to harvest season, to the spooky Halloween haunted houses, there are plenty of things to do for all ages. Here are the best Halloween haunts in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the surrounding area.
1. Gatlinburg’s Halloween Spooktacular Event: Gatlinburg hosts a family-friendly Halloween event featuring live music, games, costume contests, and trick-or-treating throughout downtown.
2. Gatlinburg Ghost and Haunt Tours:Take a guided tour through Gatlinburg’s historic and allegedly haunted locations. Learn about local legends and spooky stories.
3. Ripley’s Haunted Adventure: A year-round haunted house attraction in Gatlinburg featuring live actors, special effects, and animatronics to create a thrilling experience.
4. Dollywood’s Great Pumpkin LumiNights: Dollywood theme park transforms into a Halloween wonderland with thousands of illuminated pumpkins, displays, and entertainment.
5. Haunted Houses and Escape Rooms: There are several haunted houses and escape rooms in the area. These include places like The Mysterious Mansion and Gatlin’s Escape Games which may have special Halloween-themed events. The Mysterious Mansion is one of the longest standing and best Halloween Haunts in Gatlinburg.
6. Halloween at Anakeesta: Anakeesta, an outdoor adventure park in Gatlinburg, hosts Halloween events with a haunted rail yard, costume contests, and a magic show.
Still looking for the perfect family cabin in the Smoky Mountains?
Look no further, and book your stay with us!
7. Fright Nights at Fannie Farkle’s: Fannie Farkle’s is a classic arcade in Gatlinburg. During Halloween, they may have special events or spooky decorations.
8. Rocky Top Mountain Coaster’s Coasts & Goblins: During the month of October, Rocky Top Mountain Coaster is hosting the annual Rocky Top Mountain Coaster Coasts & Goblins. As if a thrilling mountain coaster ride is not enough, during these nights riders will enjoy the hills and thrills with incredible lights, goblins, ghouls and ghosts! These special Halloween-themed nights are not for the faint of heart. Bring your friends and prepare for a scare! October 6-31.
9. Haunted Mansion Dinner & Show: Experience a spooky dinner and show at the Grand Majestic Theater in Pigeon Forge, featuring special effects and a captivating storyline.
10. Kyker Farms Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze: Get lost in the corn maze and try to find your way out! This fall experience is a great way to welcome the harvest season. Open September 30-Oct 31.
11. Wears Valley Fall Fest: Sixteen acres of family fun including over 240 crafters, interactive activities, entertainment, children’s events and a great variety of food awaits all in attendance October 20 – 22 at the 10th Annual Wears Valley Fall Festival coordinated by Keep Sevier Beautiful. The wide array of activities at this year’s event will give families a great way to make memories, experience a variety of fun activities and enjoy the incredible beauty of fall in the Smokies.
12. Ober Gatlinburg’s Oktoberfest: While not directly Halloween-themed, Ober Gatlinburg’s annual Oktoberfest event offers a festive atmosphere with Bavarian food, music, and activities.
13. The Island in Pigeon Forge: The Island is a popular entertainment complex in Pigeon Forge. They usually do a free trick-or-treat in the evening of Halloween, and to top it off, they often have seasonal decorations and a lively atmosphere.
Please note that it’s always a good idea to check the respective websites or contact the venues directly for the most up-to-date information about their Halloween events and activities. Enjoy your spooky adventure in the Smoky Mountains and Pigeon Forge!
Book your stay at Smoky Mountains Lodge and lock in our best rates for the season!
Book Now: This goes to our secure portal to review your info and confirm booking.
Send Inquiry: If you’re not quite ready to book, you can send an inquiry with any questions.
These are our picks! What are the best Halloween Haunts in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge that you’ve been to? Comment below!