Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tennessee, are beautiful places to spend Thanksgiving with your family. Sure you could go to Cracker Barrel, Shoneys, or Margaritaville, but you want something where the locals go…not something you could get in your hometown.
Here are our top restaurants in the area visited by locals that have traditionally served Thanksgiving dinners. Keep in mind that availability and offerings may change from year to year, so it’s a good idea to call ahead or check their websites for the most up-to-date information. Also, due to Thanksgiving being a popular holiday for dining out, making reservations in advance is highly recommended.
- Summary: The Old Mill Restaurant is a charming establishment located in Pigeon Forge, known for its historic ambiance and Southern cuisine. Thanksgiving at The Old Mill typically features a traditional turkey dinner with all the fixings. The Old Mill remains our #1 pick on our Thanksgiving Dinner Guide in Pigeon Forge
- Average Cost: Expect to pay around $25-40 per person for the Thanksgiving meal.
- Reservations: Reservations are recommended and can be made through their website or by calling.
- Summary: The Peddler Steakhouse, located in Gatlinburg, offers a rustic dining experience with a focus on top-quality steaks. For Thanksgiving, they often serve a special holiday menu alongside their regular offerings.
- Average Cost: Prices vary depending on your choice of steak or Thanksgiving specials, but plan on spending around $30-60 per person.
- Reservations: Reservations are highly recommended, especially for Thanksgiving.
- Summary: Situated in Gatlinburg, the Park Grill Steakhouse is known for its delicious steaks and seafood. They typically offer a Thanksgiving buffet with a variety of traditional and Southern dishes.
- Average Cost: The Thanksgiving buffet cost is usually around $35-45 per person.
- Reservations: Reservations are strongly recommended, especially for holiday dining.
- Summary: Calhoun’s features an upscale mountain lodge atmosphere. Conveniently located on the Parkway in the center of the Pigeon Forge shopping area. They’ll be serving up a special Thanksgiving dinner.
- Average Cost: Prices vary based on your choice of food/drinks, but expect to spend approximately $25-40 per person.
- Reservations: It’s advisable to make reservations, especially during the holiday season.
Still looking for the perfect family cabin in the Smoky Mountains?
Look no further, and book your stay with us!
- Summary: Mama’s is a popular restaurant buffet that gives you an all-you-can-eat experience. You can expect special Thanksgiving dishes and turkey during Thanksgiving.
- Average Cost: Prices for the buffet are approximately $20-40 per person.
- Reservations: It’s advisable to make reservations, especially during the holiday season. For reservations call 800-992-9780.
- Summary: Located in Sevierville, just outside Pigeon Forge, the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant is known for its Southern comfort food. They typically serve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with a country twist.
- Average Cost: Thanksgiving meals are usually priced around $20-30 per person.
- Reservations: Reservations are recommended for Thanksgiving dining.
Remember to check with these restaurants closer to your travel dates to confirm their Thanksgiving offerings, prices, and reservation policies. Enjoy your Thanksgiving vacation in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!
Book your stay at Smoky Mountains Lodge and lock in our best rates for the season!
Book Now: This goes to our secure portal to review your info and confirm booking.
Send Inquiry: If you’re not quite ready to book, you can send an inquiry with any questions.
Have you spent Thanksgiving in the area? What restaurants would you add to our Thanksgiving Dinner Guide in Pigeon Forge? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Comment below!